“There are few experiences that are as transformative to the development of a student as study abroad. A full immersion in another culture heightens ones cultural sensitivities and opens our minds to the complexity of the world. And, if that is not enough, study abroad increases the competitiveness of our students as they seek employment upon graduation.” Chancellor Woodson.
Studying abroad is one of the most beneficial experiences for a student. By studying abroad, students have the opportunity to study in a foreign nation and take in the allure and culture of a new land. Below are benefits of studying abroad
1. See the World
The biggest reason you should consider a study abroad program is the opportunity to see the world . By studying abroad, you will experience a brand-new country with incredible new outlooks, customs and activities. The benefits of studying abroad include the opportunity to see new terrains, natural wonders, museums and landmarks of your host nation.
Another reason you might consider studying abroad is for the chance to experience different styles of education. By enrolling in a study abroad program, you’ll have the chance to see a side of your major that you may not have been exposed to at home.
You’ll find that completely immersing yourself in the education system of your host country is a great way to really experience and understand the people, its traditions, and its culture.
- Meet a diverse range of people
Your exposure to many different types of people will not only help you to develop your people skills, but it will also give you a firmer knowledge of others, both friend and foe.
- You’ll appreciate your home and family more
Any memories of parental arguments or sibling rivalry will pale in comparison to your memories of how amazing they are. (Likewise, they’ll have time to forget about all your less attractive attributes too…) When you get back these relationships will look so much stronger!
- Increase your international job prospects
While you can always go home at the end of your time as an international student, many choose to stay put and apply for a working visa. Even if you return home or decide to seek work elsewhere, the international experience provided by studying abroad is likely to be looked on favorably by employers.
CONSEQUENCES OF ABSCONDING AFTER GETTING VISA TO ABROAD UNIVERSITIES
After getting the student visa to study abroad , on getting to the country some student will decide to abscond and not go to the school which is not a good thing.
Below are the consequences of absconding after getting visa to abroad university:
- Illegal Stay: Going to a foreign country through student visa and not enrolling to the school on getting there make your stay illegal as such if caught you will be deported immediately and will be ban from entrying the country again.
- Bad Company: Many people end up with bad company after running away. In the process of hustling they end up with bad hangs that may be involve in illegal activities like drug trafficking, human trafficking e. t. c
- No free movement: Those students that ran away end up not having free movement as they will be trying to hide from the authority as such there is limit to where they do and who they meet.
- Causal work: Runa way students end up doing casual work that will not require any means of identification. As any well paid job will require them to show their stay permit or Identification.
It is advisable students should report to school on getting to the country as it is a one-time opportunity that other do not have. As a student you are allow to work and study at the same time as such here is no need of running away and putting unnecessary burden on yourself and most countries allow international student to stay back for two years after study, so you will still have the time to explore and work to your satisfaction after study.